Winter Tires – Dealership Volkswagen
Why install Winter Tires on your Volkswagen?
- The stopping distance of a winter tire can be 30-40% shorter than with all-season tires on snow, ice or cold pavement.
- The most important part of a winter tire is actually its rubber compound which is designed to stay soft in freezing temperatures.
- Winter tires or chains are required on most routes in British Columbia from October 1 to March 31. This includes the Sea to Sky & Coquihalla Hwy.
Winter Tires – The Technology
Take a look at some distinctive features and benefits of these tires:
• All winter tires have a very soft rubber compound which stays flexible even as temperatures drop, and this provides more controlled handling
• They have very unique tread patterns & wider grooves which enhance traction on snow & ice by providing the channels that drain water as well as expel snow
• The tires have very deep sipes- these are the slits in the tire treads that cut through slush and water & improve the grip by avoiding hydroplaning
• Having a good tire grip is crucial in snow and ice conditions and it helps in ensuring that the car will stop when you want it to, and steer well when it is in motion
• Winter tires also deliver superior traction- this is almost 25-50% higher than regular all-season tires. This safety margin is crucial for stopping in time/ turning to avoid trouble
Ready to order a winter tire ? Still have questions?
Call our Parts Department 604-872-5431 or send them an email via firstname.lastname@example.org!