February 15 2019, Clarkdale VW
The Service Advisor is the customer service representative for service customers phoning or visiting the dealership. The Service Advisor discusses service and repair requirements with customers, promotes company services and products, schedules service appointments and ensures customer understanding and approval of all repair orders. This position also works closely with the Technicians to coordinate workflow and ensure that all customer service transactions are completed on schedule to the complete satisfaction of the customer.
Service Advisors are required to obtain and maintain Volkswagen Certification.
Each employee at Volkswagen Clarkdale will demonstrate environmental awareness and responsibility in the performance of duties and will participate in the continuous improvement of process, quality, personal development and team performance. Commitment, communication and team spirit are fundamental to teamwork and vital to service excellence and are part of every job and every performance review.
Compliance with departmental, company and manufacturer operating standards and government legislation pertaining to individual job performance is expected.
Specific duties and responsibilities described may change from time to time to better serve the team, the company and customers.
• Greet customers in person or by telephone.
• Arrange price quote for repairs.
• Assist customers in clarifying service requirements; write
up Repair Order with customer; ensure understanding
and obtain approval prior to work being done.
• Obtain customer’s authorization in cases where the actual
cost of the work to be done will exceed the estimate;
record the customer approval on the work order.
• Follow-up on the progress of the work to ensure timely
completion according to service instructions; contact
customers when work is completed.
• Review work done and costing with customer when the
car is picked up.
• Contact customers by telephone upon receipt of parts-on-
order to schedule service appointments.
• Settle customer concerns discreetly and professionally;
inform the Service Manager as required of instances of
• Process all VIN’s through VW computers for
• Open, process and close repair orders for new and used
vehicles including customers, ICBC and extended
• Dispatch sublet work.
• Monitor the progress of repair work by checking the
scheduling screen frequently throughout the day; follow
up as required with technicians and customers.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Occupational Health
and Safety policies and work procedures.
• Observe all regulations pertaining to work practices.
• Report safety issues to the Safety Committee.
• Problem Solving and Conflict Resolution: Working with
customers to resolve cost of service issues; setting and
meeting satisfactory completion time for service work,
overcoming problems relating to no-parts-on-hand for
• Complexity and Diversity: Providing excellent customer
service while attempting to sell company services.
• Decision Making: Warranty decisions, service discounts.
• Responsibility Challenges: Held responsible by
customers for job quality on service work, timely
completion of work, cleanup on vehicles.
• Grade 12 graduation or equivalent.
• Minimum two years’ experience dealing with the public
and working as a cashier mandatory.
• Previous automotive experience– preferably with VW.
• Able to drive both standard transmission and automatic
transmission vehicles mandatory.
• Able to read and comprehend instructions and information
• Able to communicate information clearly, both verbally
and in writing mandatory.
• Conflict resolution skills mandatory.
• Time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
• Typing and basic computer skills including email and
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License and Safe Driving Record.
• Adaptable; able to move from one task to another quickly.
• Work well in a team and independently minimal
• Focus on quality and service excellence.
• Positive confident manner; effective interpersonal
• Attentive to detail.
• Able to work effectively under pressure of multiple tasks