October 02 2018, Clarkdale VW
The Parts Advisor supplies parts to internal and external customers on demand, efficiently and in accordance with Clarkdale Volkswagen standards of customer service excellence. The Parts Advisor establishes and maintains good working relationships with internal and external customers. This position works collaboratively with all members of the Parts Department team, and all dealership staff, attends and participates in team meetings as required, takes initiative to help others and provides back-up and vacation support for the team as needed.
The Parts Advisor is also responsible for maintaining training and certification requirements as determined by industry legislation, manufacturers and the company.
- Deliver parts to service technicians based on requests generated from service Repair Orders
- Assist technicians and service advisors with parts orders, availability, pricing, etc. for repair orders and repair estimates
- Maximize opportunities to increase service sales by recommending add-on parts or other required parts to complete a repair.
- Assist the sales department by estimating, selling and delivering parts for Clarkdale customers who are in the process of purchasing a new or used vehicle
- Order and receipt parts, handle special-orders, and follow up with Business Development Centre and Service Advisor when parts arrive.
- Once a month check in large stock order on a Saturday
- Assist wholesale and retail customers by telephone and in person; maximize opportunities to increase sales.
- Fill wholesale and retail parts orders and provide cost estimates.
- Perform cashier responsibilities when necessary.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure their needs are met.
- Take the initiative to exceed customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that customer complaints are handled tactfully, promptly, with genuine concern and according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Service Department and Sales Department to ensure that parts requests are met.
- Prioritize work to meet demands and customer needs.
- Drive and deliver parts to wholesale customers a couple of times a year when driver is on vacation
- Maintain a professional appearance always.
- Coordinate ICBC claims with roadman and Service Advisors.
- Process and submit daily and “Special Order” parts requests, complete documentation; notify Service Department or customers upon arrival of special order parts.
- Assist in receiving and stocking parts orders; inspect parts received to ensure they are correct and damage free; monitor inventory shipments and purchase orders to ensure accuracy; resolve discrepancies and follow-up; maintain accurate documentation and files.
- Review and resolve No Location Report.
- Set up and monitor orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Prepare parts for return to various manufacturers including core, new parts, radio core, tool repair, prepare documentation for returns, follow-up for receipt of credit as appropriate.
- Assist with physical inventory preparation and counting.
- Maintain parts area in a clean and well-organized manner; keep work area clean and organized.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety policies and work procedures.
- Observe all regulations pertaining to work practices.
- Report safety issues to the Safety Committee or Service Manager.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week as scheduled by management.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent.
Work Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum two years’ experience dealing with the public and working as a cashier mandatory.
- Previous automotive experience– preferably with VW.
- Able to drive both standard transmission and automatic transmission vehicles mandatory.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions and information mandatory.
- Able to communicate information clearly, both verbally and in writing mandatory.
- Conflict resolution skills mandatory.
- Time management skills; organized and able to prioritize tasks mandatory.
- Typing and basic computer skills including email and internet mandatory.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and Safe Driving Record.
- Adaptable; able to move from one task to another quickly.
- Work well in a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Focus on quality and service excellence.
- Positive confident manner; effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Able to work effectively under pressure of multiple tasks and deadline.