December 31 2018, Clarkdale VW
Service Process Manager
The Express Technician is responsible for performing minor mechanical repairs and maintenance servicing on vehicles in an efficient and timely manner.
- Perform oil and filter changes, tire replacements, bulb replacements, fluid and parts replacements and perform courtesy checks to ensure our customers are safe on the roads.
- Perform wheel alignment assessments and complete alignments on required vehicles
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of WCB and WHMIS regulations, company policies and work procedures.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Other duties as necessary
Hours of work: 10 hour shifts, 4 days per week as scheduled by management
Equipment: Hoist, hand tools, power tools, shop equipment (i.e. press, hoist, jack, hand tools, tire machine/balancer, etc)
- Moving about the dealership to complete auto service and repair.
- Using tools consistent with industry standards.
- Using computer to seek information; perform diagnostics.
- Standing for six to eight hours in a shift.
- Bending, stretching, lifting, reaching and climbing.
- Utilizing physical and manual dexterity.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds or more.
- Driving or pushing vehicles.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Pre-apprenticeship course
- Previous lube technician experience
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and Safe Driving Record.
- Able to drive both a standard and an automatic transmission vehicle.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Able to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing.
- Team attitude; able to work well with others and to lead others.
- Independent – work well with minimal supervision.
- Focus on quality and service excellence.
- Able to manage time well and work effectively under pressure of deadline.
- Analytical; innovative; problem-solving aptitude.