October 01 2018, Clarkdale VW
Clarkdale Volkswagen, 4575 Main Street, Vancouver, BC, V5V 3R4, Canada
- Perform scheduled maintenance on customer vehicles such as oil changes, tune-ups, engine adjustments, lubrication, light replacement, etc.
- Perform service and repairs correctly, per customer complaints and problem diagnosis and ensuring repairs pass quality inspections or test-drives.
- Maintain appropriate personally owned tools; keep all tools in a proper state of repair.
- Prioritize work demands to meet customer needs.
- Coordinate with Parts Department to ensure parts are available to complete the repair; check parts against estimate and ensure proper parts were ordered and received.
- Properly dispose of used parts and return unused parts to the Parts Department.
- Performs factory warranty repairs per established procedures.
- Meet or exceed flat rate time allowances.
- Ensure that customer complaints are handled tactfully, promptly, with genuine concern and per the dealership’s policies and procedures.
- Assist Service Advisors, to ensure that customers are regularly apprised of the current situation and to explain completed repairs to customers.
- Use the utmost care in keeping customers’ vehicles clean by using protective barriers when possible.
- Establishes knowledge base of auto industry competition.
- Observe all health and safety regulations pertaining to work practices.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
- Report safety issues to the Safety Committee or Service Manager.
- Highschool or equivalent
- Fluent in reading and writing English
- 3+ years of direct work experience in automotive repairs and service (including apprenticeship)
- Volkswagen Journeyman Technician Certification or European experience considered a bonus
- Safe driving record, able to drive both a standard and an automatic transmission vehicle.
- Understands and utilizes the Volkswagen production flow process.
- Has a basic understanding of the entire collision repair process.
- Has an organized and systematic approach to work processes evidence by efficiency and productivity rankings at or above network standards.
- Physically healthy since job is required to stand from 8 to 10 hours, bending, stretching, lifting, climbing
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical and Dental Benefits