Business Office Manager
October 02 2018, Clarkdale VW
Business Office Manager
The Business Manager reports to the Sales Manager and works closely with staff in all departments. The first responsibility of the Business Manager is to ensure the completion and delivery of every vehicle sale in a timely manner and with the highest level of customer service excellence. The Business Manager is also responsible for the promotion and sale of products and services the company offers through the Business Office, and for finalizing the financial and insurance portion of the vehicle sales transaction. Other responsibilities include training support for Sales Consultants,
The Business Manager is expected to work with independence, a high degree of initiative, good judgment and respect for organizational policy and practice. Ensuring confidentiality of sensitive personal information and documentation is mandatory.
The Business Manager is expected to represent the company with the highest level of professionalism, honesty and integrity when dealing with other departments, customers, financial institutions, the manufacturer and others with whom the company does business. Excellent CSI standings must be maintained.
The Business Manager is required by law to hold a valid Motor Dealer Salesperson Licence and is expected to complete manufacturer training and certification programs.
Each employee at Clarkdale Motors will demonstrate environmental awareness and responsibility in the performance of duties and will participate in the continuous improvement of process, quality, personal development and team performance. Commitment, communication and team spirit are fundamental to teamwork and vital to service excellence, and are part of every job and every performance review. Compliance with departmental, company and manufacturer operating standards and government legislation pertaining to individual job performance is expected. Specific duties and responsibilities described may change from time to time to better serve the team, the company and customers. *
KEY ACTIVITIES AND DELIVERABLES
- Understand and comply with federal, provincial rules, regulations and laws that govern vehicle transactions.
- Maintain a process with the Sales Department that will ensure all new sales are referred to the Business Office.
- Maintain a process with the Sales Department and the Service Department to arrange customer appointments and vehicle delivery times.
- Offer Clarkdale approved products, services, vehicle financing and insurance to all customers; provide customers with a thorough explanation of aftermarket products and extended warranties and a complete explanation of manufacturer and dealership service procedures and policies.
- Review manufacturer Customer Service Survey with customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with VCI and other finance sources.
- Submit credit applications for pending deals to financial institutions for approval per the company’s established policies.
- Process all necessary paperwork for financing and leasing deals accurately paying careful attention to completeness and compliance with federal, provincial regulations, and company policy.
- Ensure that all deals are packaged and ready for commissioning and finance/lease contracts are prepared for courier at each day end.
- Follow-up on overdue lease payments; initiate repossession action in consultation with the Controller as per company policy.
- Provide training support for Sales Consultants on finance, lease and other products.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date files, records and logs of pending and completed deals.
- Prepare and submit reports to the General Sales Manager and Controller as per company policy.
- Attend management meetings.
Days and hours of work will be scheduled during operating business hours, 6 days per week. Occasional overtime is required.
Clean, well-organized and brightly lit environment with professional people and business practices developed and implemented with total customer satisfaction in mind.
Education and Certification
- Post-secondary education in accounting, sales and marketing or equivalent business experience.
- Valid Motor Dealer Sales Person Licence.
- Formal training in Finance and Insurance.
Experience and Knowledge
- Strong financial background along with knowledge of insurance, credit, finance, protection packages, lease sales and warranty.
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and practice; experience in computerized financial applications.
- Previous sales experience an asset.
- Ability to apply appropriate leadership and management behaviours to achieve goals in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and in a persuasive manner, verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations, and to maintain composure when faced with multiple demands.
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Aptitude for quality and excellence in customer service.
- Positive attitude; results-oriented.
- Independent, self-reliant; accountable.
- Team player.
- Friendly, courteous, respectful.