December 31 2018, Clarkdale VW
Service Process Manager
The Technician Apprentice works in a training capacity alongside a Technician and under the direction and close supervision of the Service Process Manager. The Technician Apprentice diagnoses and performs mechanical repairs on designated vehicles and performs related service functions while maintaining strict attention to all company policies and procedures. The Technician Apprentice maintains quality control (CSI) standards that the company offers its customers regarding work performed and treatment of customers’ property.
The Technician Apprentice is also responsible for adhering to Workers’ Compensation Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and safety rules as defined in the company’s safety program.
Job Part: Diagnosis
- Diagnose problems accurately using specialized diagnostic equipment or procedures.
Job Part: Maintenance and Repair
- Provide courteous professional service to customers in the most cost-effective way possible.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on customer vehicles such as oil changes, tune-ups, engine adjustments, lubrication, light replacement, etc.
- Perform repairs according to customer complaints and problem diagnosis.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of products and service procedures.
Job Part: Service Maintenance Duties
· Maintain exhaust analyzer including weekly checking, air conditioning recalibration.
- Monitor and maintain compressors/dehydrating system.
- Wash shop daily.
- Assist with coordination and supervision of shop nights.
Job Part: WCB Occupational Health and Safety
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of WCB and WHMIS regulations, company policies and work procedures.
- Observe all regulations pertaining to work practices and report any issues.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
Internal: All Service employees, Sales Department, Parts Department
Hours of work: 10 hour shifts, 4 days per week as scheduled by management.
Equipment: Hoist, shop equipment, personal tools (brake latches, press, hoist, jack, hand tools, tire machine/balancer, gas analyzer/scope, scanner, etc.)
- Moving about the dealership to complete auto service and repair.
- Using tools consistent with industry standards.
- Using computer to seek information; perform diagnostics.
- Standing for six to eight hours in a shift.
- Bending, stretching, lifting, reaching and climbing.
- Utilizing physical and manual dexterity.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds or more.
- Driving or pushing vehicles.
Other: Exposure to noise, vibration, paint, dust, exhaust fumes, other hazardous materials, extreme heat and/or cold.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Pre-apprenticeship course
- Mechanic Licence mandatory
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and Safe Driving Record.
- Able to drive both a standard and an automatic transmission vehicle.
- Able to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Able to express ideas clearly, orally and in writing.
- Effective customer service skills; able to effectively handle customer inquiries and complaints.
- Interpersonal skills including communication and conflict resolution.
- Team attitude; able to work well with others and to lead others.
- Independent – work well with minimal supervision.
- Focus on quality and service excellence.
- Able to manage time well and work effectively under pressure of deadline.
- Analytical; innovative; problem solving aptitude.