Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Summer Has Finally Arrived In Vancouver! However this means we should check our VW to make sure it is ready for some adventures this season. It doesn’t matter if it is a road trip to the interior of BC to celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday, or just down the road to the beach, summer driving has different demands on your car. Your friends at Clarkdale Volkswagen thought we should review some top tips for keeping your car in top form for summer!
The VW Holiday Gift Guide is here. If you have a Volkswagen driver or enthusiast on your holiday gift list this year, Clarkdale Volkswagen has you covered. We’ve got tons of VW gifts to fit any budget. Check our website or come on by to see for yourself. Happy Holidays!
Clarkdale VW Holiday Gift Guide:
- VW GTI T-Shirt. From exclusive Volkswagen Collection, designed and decorated in Canada. $17.99
- VW GTI Mug. Perfect gift for all GTI enthusiasts. $5.99
- VW Bus Lunch Bag. A retro, stylish lunch bag for VW fans big and small. $24.99
- “Rockin’ Van” T-shirt. From exclusive Volkswagen Collection, designed and decorated in Canada. $17.99
- 1:25 die-cast Volkswagen Van “Samba”. Perfect addition to any VW enthusiast’s collection. $25.99
- “Christmas Bus” Holiday Mug. Limited Edition. $12.99
- Clarkdale Volkswagen’s DasCard. The perfect gift card for any VW driver or enthusiast. Pre-paid maintenance, cool VW accessories, detailing center or even a down payment towards a new VW, the DasCard can be put towards anything!
- Volkswagen Base Carrier from $366.10, and Snowboard/Ski Attachment from $207.03. Fits any VW model, just in time for winter adventures!
- VW Winter Wheel packages. Safety, style and security. Packages from $799
- 2017 VW Golf Alltrack. AJAC’s “Best New Large Car of 2017” award winner, the Alltrack is the ultimate gift for the whole family. Standard 4MOTION® All-Wheel Drive provides optimal traction and driving dynamics to you and yours anywhere you want to go this winter.
Happy holidays from all of us at Clarkdale Volkswagen!
Vehicle Safety Checklist
Is your VW ready for winter? Safe driving in winter weather requires a few key components to be functioning properly. These components are listed below and are each worth a check going into the winter months.
- Wiper blades – are they in good condition and working properly?
- Windshield washer fluid – is it topped up and freeze-resistant?
- Battery – is it strong enough to start your car in cold conditions?
- Engine coolant – is it topped up and freeze-resistant?
- Alignment – is your car tracking straight?
- Brakes – are they in good condition?
- And perhaps most importantly – Do you have winter tires on your car?
We have some exciting news! Triple Zero VW Sales Event is back at Clarkdale Volkswagen until the end of June 2015:
- 0% APR for 72 months
- $0 down
- 0 payment for 30 days
Get a brand new VW just in time for Summer.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the newest member of the award wining Golf family just arrived at Clarkdale Volkswagen! We’re pretty excited to show you this awesome 2015 Golf Sportwagon Highline. The vehicle is for demonstration only so if you’d like to schedule a test drive, give us a call at (604) 872-5431.
We just went for a drive in a Volkswagen Touareg. What a vehicle. Obviously it wasn’t our first time driving one, but perhaps we had forgotten what an exceptional vehicle the Touareg really is. Two things in particular jumped out at us. First, despite the fact that it’s a big, powerful full-size SUV, it is surprisingly light-footed. Maybe it’s the feeling coming through the hydraulically-assisted steering, or perhaps it’s the 407 lbs-ft of torque available below 2000 rpm. Whatever the reason, the Touareg’s level of responsiveness that has no business being attached to a full-size SUV.
Fast, strong, nimble, efficient, long-lasting. These aren’t just hallmarks of great hockey players, but of great do-everything vehicles like the 2015 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagon and Tiguan. These are two vehicles with their sticks on the ice, ready for whatever’s thrown at them, but ready to do so in slightly different ways. Let’s take a closer look at these evenly-matched competitors.
The All-New 2015 Golf Sportwagon.
First up, the Golf Sportwagon in TDI Clean Diesel trim. This is the new generation of Volkswagen’s venerable midsize wagon, called the Sportwagon this time around, but previously known as the Golf Wagon and the Jetta Wagon before that. This car’s versatility has always made it a big seller in the Lower Mainland, where it seems to perfectly compliment the typical Lower Mainlander’s adventurous lifestyle. This new generation sees that versatility enhanced: more cargo space, more power, more legroom, shoulder room and elbowroom, and better fuel efficiency. We have a feeling you’re going to see a lot of these things on the road in the near future.
The 2015 Tiguan SE.
Next up, the Tiguan Special Edition. The Tiguan SE comes with an SE-only set of 17” rims and a unique list of standard features that place it somewhere between Trendline and Comfortline trim levels. It also comes standard with 4MOTION 4WD, which means it’s essentially a Tiguan Comfortline for $5000 less than a Tiguan Comfortline. If you know what we mean. If you don’t, we mean the Tiguan SE is a heck of a lot of vehicle for under $30,000, easily enough to give the Sportwagon TDI a run for its money.
So there you have it, two evenly matched—but kinda different—competitors. The Sportwagon combines its versatility with low-slung sportiness and efficiency, while the Tiguan combines its versatility with go-anywhere 4WD ruggedness. But which vehicle would win in a head-to-head faceoff? The stats below may help, but we suspect the real answer will require a couple of test drives.
Find out more information on our website www.clarkdale.ca