Archive for March, 2013
DID YOU KNOW…
- Your brakes are your vehicle’s most important safety system, and are crucial to keeping you safe. They must be in perfect working order, especially if they are to operate quickly and effectively in hazardous situations.
- Your vehicle’s handling, weight, speed and especially the quality of its components play a decisive role when you apply the brakes.
- When a vehicle brakes, the brake pads are pressed against the spinning brake disc. During this process the brake pads and the disc are worn down.
- If brakes on one side of the vehicle are more worn, the risk of skidding is increased.
- If brake pads are completely worn down, metal rubs against metal. The heat build-up increases, producing deep scars and cracks on the brake disc, which will reduce braking performance.
- Brake discs and pads are the components subject to the most extreme wear and tear along with your tires. If one of these components wears out, it should be replaced immediately.
VOLKSWAGEN ORIGINAL BRAKES …
- Ensure optimal braking performance and shorter braking distances, providing greater safety for a wide range of weather conditions and speeds.
- Are specially designed to match the vehicle’s weight and top speed. This means that the material composition, weight and thickness of the discs and pads will vary according to the car’s engine type.
- Can withstand extremely punishing conditions. Although brake pads can be applied to discs with a ton of force during an emergency stop, the brake discs will not warp or break.
- Respond reliably even under extreme operating temperatures.
- Operate quietly and smoothly. They produce no loud noises,and no vibrations can be felt on the brake pedal.
- Provide a long service life when Volkswagen Original brake discs and brake pads are used.
DID YOU KNOW…
- The timing belt is located on the front end of the engine and connects the crankshaft and the camshaft. It acts to keep the moving parts synchronized at all times, and to avoid an impact between pistons and valves,which would cause serious engine damage.
- During its product lifecycle,the timing belt covers an enormous distance inside the engine equivalent to more than six times around the globe.
- Even after an extended service period, the timing belt should never stretch.Otherwise engine timing will be off, resulting in increased fuel consumption and emissions.
- If the timing belt snaps, the pistons will strike the valves that are left open, bending or breaking them. At the very least, the new cylinder head will have to be replaced. If worse comes to worst, even the most durable engine can fail in seconds.
- More than half of all engine damage in older vehicles can be attributed to defective timing belts.
- Service intervals vary depending on the model and engine, but usually start at 100,000 km. However,the timing belt should be replaced at least once every 6 years. This provides a good opportunity to install a new waterpump, given that timing belt service is time consuming and replacing the water pump at this time is more cost effective.
Clarkdale Service Technician Nate will tell you everything you need to know about Timing Belt.
Insist on VOLKSWAGEN ORIGINAL Timing Belts…
Only Volkswagen Original parts are engineered specifically for your vehicle. No retrofitting required. No modifications needed. Just the right part for your car at the right price – German-engineered, built to last, and backed by a limited warranty of 1 year / 20,000 km†. Keep your Volkswagen a Volkswagen. Ask Clarkdale Volkswagen for more information.